Hello all,

I recently picked up a big 700G external USB/Firewire Seagate drive with the
hopes of using it to store my growing collection of music, photos, etc.
currently spread across several different machines (all with nearly full
discs).  My hope is that I could use a single file system on this drive
which could then be plugged into any of these machines which run FreeBSD, OS
X, or WinXP.

The disc came formatted FAT32, which FreeBSD didn't like ("too big" was the
error when mounting).  Formatting it UFS on OS X, showed that Apple's notion
of UFS differs significantly from FreeBSD's notion of UFS.  Formatting it
under FreeBSD, likewise, leaves it only usable there.

Is there a file system which will work for a drive this size on at least
FreeBSD and OS X?  It appears that HFS+ is a possibility, but I'm concerned
that the support for that file system under FreeBSD is not current.  What
are people's experiences here?  Is it perhaps better to punt on the idea of
moving the drive about and go with a NAS-like solution running NFS/Samba and
such on the FreeBSD box?

TIA,
ksb