On 1/2/07, Ensel Sharon <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Long story short:

I have set a dummynet rate limit on a remote system to be 10 bits/s.

This is, of course, ridiculously slow, and when I ssh to the system ssh
times out before it can negotiate a connection.

The question I have is, is there any way I can set the ssh and/or tcp
connection settings on my local FreeBSD system so that I _could_
successfully log in over ssh and run the 'ipfw del' command ?

In pseudocode:  "I don't care how slow it is, log in over ssh"

Any ideas ?

I'm afraid you'll have to consider that dummynet limit
as just a deny rule. BTW, the pipe is already full,
which is 50 packets by default, which probably is over
20Kb, which will take over 4 hours to get through. Can
you even guarantee complete silence on the interface
for 4 hours?

Sorry.