You need to add another option in rc.conf for the user you want named to run as, otherwise it fails to start.

        -Derek

At 01:03 PM 1/2/2007, Noah wrote:
Hi there,

I have a freeBSD 5.5 server not starting named upon reboot. any clues how I can troubleshoot this issue?

# grep named /etc/rc.conf
named_enable="YES"
named_program="/usr/local/sbin/named"
# /usr/local/sbin/named -version
BIND 9.3.2-P2
# uname -a
FreeBSD ns2.ps.juniper.net 5.5-RELEASE FreeBSD 5.5-RELEASE #0: Tue May 23 14:58:27 UTC 2006
[EMAIL PROTECTED]:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/GENERIC  i386

thanks for your assistance in advance,

Noah

believed to be clean.

believed to be clean.