--On January 3, 2007 12:46:10 AM -0500 bobmc <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

After KDE is installed, "startx" still launches the twm default
X manager.  Diligent RTFM only tells me it should work once the
Xserver is configured for the video hardware and monitor.

WindowMaker provides a pleasant GUI once I create a $HOME/.xinitrc
file. Firefox and Thunderbird work fine. However, nowhere can I find
instructions for the complete integration of KDE and I am missing the
use of K3b and other useful apps included with KDE. -Bob-

Try this.  Edit /etc/ttys thus:
ttyv8   "/usr/local/bin/kdm -nodaemon"  xterm   on secure

From the Handbook.

Paul Schmehl ([EMAIL PROTECTED])
Senior Information Security Analyst
The University of Texas at Dallas