Sorry for the dumb question this morning-- caffeine hasn't yet worked its wondrous magic upon my person.

I've got a user who needs to be able to view (read only) the aliases file. We'll grant him root access a few weeks after the eventual heat-death of the universe, so how would you all go about doing this?

I've considered allowing him to run a local copy of the praliases command, but that chokes on the /etc/mail/aliases permissions...

To complicate things, the file /etc/mail/aliases is actually an NFS mounted file shared between all our mx boxes, and he only needs to access it from a designated machine.

Thoughts?  My apologies if this is unclear...

--
Jay Chandler
Network Administrator, Chapman University