Thanks ... I think the 'rehash' command does help a bit... at least now, when I
type 'nmap', I can see the help manual (before this, there was just error msg).
However, now, when I type 'nmap 192.168.1.10', (where 192.168.1.10 is the PC
that I wanted to scan) ... I got the message ...

'Limiting closed port RST response from 283 to 200 packets/sec'

May I know how do I get nmap to scan the 192.168.1.10 computer?

Thanks.

Regards,
Linux Quest

Niclas Zeising <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
 On 1/9/07, linux quest
 wrote:

> After running nmap for some time, I have got problem running a simple command
> of nmap ... like

> nmap 192.168.1.2

> nmap: Command not found

> I think there is something wrong with my installation procedures. I type in
> "make install clean" command in /usr/local/bin/nmap and
> /usr/ports/security/nmap - but somehow I still see the "command not found"
> message.

> I have also typed in "make deinstall clean" on both of the directory
> location, restart the OS, and install everything again using the "make
> install clean" command (on both of the directory location) - but I still
> receive the same "nmap: Command not found" message.

> Thanks for the help :)

> Regards,

> Linux Quest

Have you tried running "rehash" after the install? If you're using

[t]csh this is nessesary to make the shell discover new commands.

You only need to do "make install clean" in ports/security/nmap, not

in local/bin/nmap.

HTH

//Niclas