I've configured my freebsd computer to be the gateway for my home network
using the guidelines in the handbook. All the required kernel options are
enabled and the entries in /etc/rc.conf have been added. I'm unsure what the
problem could be and I'm hoping somebody can give me some advice on where to
look to diagnose this issue.

the bind9 server is functioning correctly as I'm able to resolve IP address,
but no packets seem to be getting through.

Thanks ahead of time for any help you can give,

Ross Penner