----- Original Message ----
From: George Vanev <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
&&
From: Andrew Patyukhin

Andrew:
>/usr/local/etc/rc.d/mysql-server start
Worked. MySQL up! Thanks!

George:
Since MySQL is up, I don't know if the following matters any more,
nonetheless...
>Check if user mysql exists. If it doesn't - create it.

Exists

># echo 'mysql_enable="YES"' >> /etc/rc.conf

ok.
>#cd /usr/local/mysql
>#bin/mysql_install_db --user=mysql

# cd /usr/local/mysql
/usr/local/mysql: No such file or directory.
# mkdir -p /usr/local/mysql
# cd /usr/local/mysql
# bin/mysql_install_db --user=mysql

BTW, do I want to use the same user "mysql"? I'm wondering if that's a user
that the installation itself uses. Should I set up another user?

# bin/mysql_install_db --user=mysql

bin/mysql_install_db: Command not found.
# find / -name mysql
/usr/bin/mysql
/usr/local/bin/mysql
/usr/local/include/mysql