Ivan Voras wrote:

Well, I'll make my statement too...

Two reasons AFAIK:

1. it simply doesn't even know how deal with the more modern features
like GEOM & RAID, more advanced authentication mechanisms (nsswitch),
and devices like sound cards (there are many more in this list...)

Apart from that, I used to be able to sysinsall a machine booting via PXE. This doesn't work anymore in recent versions :-( Or maybe it is just my incompetence, but then, if someone managed this, I'd like to hear about it.

2. it's way past what's currently considered "user friendly"

Please don't get any graphics bloatware in the way. :-)

... just my two eurocents.

 bye
        av.