On Thursday 16 January 2003 12:56 am, Selvam wrote:
> Hi Kent,
>
> thanks for replying, I tried the way to tell my but still no avail..
> I tried cvsup'ing again and i did the below :-
>
>     # cd /usr/src
>     # make buildkernel KERNCONF=MYKERNEL
>     # make installkernel KERNCONF=MYKERNEL
>
> then i rebooted the server and ran
>     # cd /usr/src
>     # make installworld
>
> and still i get the same error..like below

You didn't change anything. Your build created a file called
osreldate.h. The creation date of that file is bad. It is probably
older then the files that it was created from. So, it tries to redo
things and it can't because touch isn't one of the included files.

You have to do "make buildworld" to recreate the files with the proper
date.

Kent

> cd /usr/src; make -f Makefile.inc1 install
> ===> share/info
> ===> include
> creating osreldate.h from newvers.sh
> setvar PARAMFILE /usr/src/include/../sys/sys/param.h;  .
> /usr/src/include/../sys/conf/newvers.sh; echo "$COPYRIGHT" >
> osreldate.h; echo "#ifdef _KERNEL" >> osreldate.h; echo '#error
> "osreldate.h must not be used in the kernel, use sys/param.h"' >>
> osreldate.h;  echo "#else" >> osreldate.h;
> echo \#'undef __FreeBSD_version' >> osreldate.h;        echo
> \#'define __FreeBSD_version' $RELDATE >> osreldate.h;  echo "#endif"
> >> osreldate.h
> touch: not found
> *** Error code 127
>
> Stop in /usr/src/include.