On Thu, Jan 11, 2007 at 08:52:44AM -0500, Nathan Vidican wrote:
Gotcha all beat, screw the 'standard user' issue... I had a client call
me once cause the office cat peed onto/into the server; no technical
expertise required whatsoever, no password, no re-wiring of network,
heck no opposable digits even or anything else for that matter, yet it
still managed to kill the server ;)

That cat is rather fortunate the server didn't kill the cat at the same time.

[ Standard computer PSUs use a high-voltage switching power supply design that really should not be peed upon, although I suppose the flyback transformer inside a CRT would be considerably more dangerous. ]

--
-Chuck

PS: I betcha the client thought the whole matter was a "catastrophe"... :-)