On Friday, January 12, 2007, at 10:09AM, "Tim Nilimaa" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:
>Hi,
>
>How do I upgrade apache-2.0.59 to apache22? Do I have to do make uninstall for
>port apache20 and then make install for apache22?
>I do have php installed - wouldnt that be a problem if I uninstall apache20?
>Also - upgrading php43 to php51, is it the same thing with that?

I did this upgrade early last year.

IIRC, you'll have to change the apache configuration files.  IIRC, they are not
compatible.

make deinstall apache20
make install apache22
rewrite your apache config files (they are even in a different folder than the
"old"
apache20 config files.  New location: /usr/local/etc/apache22).

You could add your LoadModules for php43 to apache22 or you could upgrade
php after apache, and the installer scripts will add the correct LoadModule
lines to your apache22 config files for you.