> I am reading many hundred lines similar to below mentioned?
>
> Could you please advise me what to do and how can I make my box more secure?
>
> Jan  9 17:54:42 localhost sshd[5130]: reverse mapping checking getaddrinfo
> for bbs-83-179.189.218.on-nets.com [218.189.179.83] failed - POSSIBLE
> BREAK-IN ATTEMPT!
> Jan  9 17:54:42 localhost sshd[5130]: Invalid user sysadmin from
> 218.189.179.83

Somebody is trying to break in to your system:

In order to stop the messages, disconnect the system from the Internet,
the attacker will then be unable to reach it.

There are, however, less drastic workarounds.  An exercise with google will
turn up a number of programs that will reduce the problem to a manageable
level.  This topic comes up about once a week on this list alone.

--
Bill Moran
Collaborative Fusion Inc.