On Thu, Jan 11, 2007 at 08:43:06AM +0100, Philippe Lang wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Is anyone using FreeBSD 6.X in production on SuperMicro 2U servers?
>
> http://www.supermicro.com/products/system/2U/
>
> Thanks for the info,
>
> Philippe Lang

Yep,

We are using them at Juniper Networks. We have had very good luck with
them. However we use SCSI disk instead of SATA so I don't know how well
SATA works with FreeBSD 6.x. Our setup is 2 - dual core CPUs, 4 gig of ram,
a pair of Adaptec SCSI RAID controllers. The OS disk is a pair of 72 gig
SCSI mirrored and the other 6 bays have some configuration of SCSI disk in
RAID 10. We use FreeBSD 6.2-RC2 because these motherboards use the Intel
network chips and there was a problem with the em device. The patch to fix
this got committed sometime in late October.

Josef

--
Josef Grosch           | Another day closer to a | FreeBSD 6.1
[EMAIL PROTECTED] |   Micro$oft free world  | Berkeley, Ca.