[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
I am having a problem mounting my digital camera, it is a Nikon Coolpix 7600. It shows up in dmesg:
 ugen0: NIKON NIKON DSC E7600-PTP, rev 2.00/1.00, addr 2

 and from usbdevs:
   addr 2: NIKON DSC E7600-PTP, NIKON

 not getting anything about umass or da0.

 I have the following lines in /boot/loader.conf:
 usb_load="YES"
 umass_load="YES"

 in rc.conf I have:
 usbd_enable=YES
 dbus_enable="YES"
 polkitd_enable="YES"
 hald_enable="YES"

 and I have umass enabled in the kernel config

 When I try to mount I get the following:
 # mount -t msdos /dev/da0s1c /mnt
 mount_msdosfs: /dev/da0s1c: No such file or directory

Any help would be appreciated.

TIA

Hi,
You should try accessing your camera with something like gphoto2 (from ports) as it seems to report PTP (picture transfer protocol) mode.
Some Nikon cameras had the option to select the USB transfer mode
betweek PTP and mass storage.
On mine (Coolpix 4600) it is located under Setup->Interface->USB-> and then Select PTP or "Mass storage"

Regards,
Niki Denev