Robert Huff <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

>       Let's say fsck is examining a filesystem, and determines the
> block count is wrong for file FOO.  When it adjusts the value, does
> it leave a trace (e.g. changed modification time for the file) or
> would one have to not such changes by hand?

It looks to me as though fsck(8) doesn't help you in this area.
[Changing the modification timestamp would be the wrong thing to do
anyway, in my opinion -- the contents haven't necessarily been changed
since the previous time the stamp was touched.  Other fields might
make sense, though.]

I don't claim to be an authoritative voice on this, however.  Also
note that the filesystem type might affect the answer; I only checked
the code for FFS.

Be well.
        Lowell Gilbert