Chuck Swiger wrote:
On Jan 15, 2007, at 4:11 PM, Jay Chandler wrote:
Is it possible to install (instead of upgrading) FreeBSD from my local CVS repository? Looking to find a good way to automate installations, and figured I'd start there.

Sure, it's possible. You'd have to build a working system from the sources on a FreeBSD system, and then install them to the target disk somehow (perhaps temporarily install the drive in the working FreeBSD system long enough to do the install).

In practice, people normally install from a CD image they've burned, and perform source-based updates after that.

---Chuck

Crikey, that'd be a pain in the arse.

Gotcha, install from ISO...

--
Jay Chandler
Network Administrator, Chapman University