On 1/13/07, Christian Baer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Hi there Peeps!

Somehow the mtr-port is bugging me a little. I want to install mtr on a
machine with no keyboard and no monitor and thus no X - and I'd like to
keep it that way. Since I couldn't find a package of mtr without the
GUI, I guess, I'm stuck with the port.

I've looked at the makefile and found the variable WITHOUT_X11. However,
a 'make -D WITHOUT_X11' and a 'make WITHOUT_X11=1' both[1] result in X.org
being downloaded and built. Now I am no real expert on makefiles but
AFAIK in this case it shouldn't matter, what value WITHOUT_X11 has, as
long as it is set at all.

Am I too thick to be getting the point here or have I missed something
not all that obvious?

Don't think it matters but the Plattform is SPARC64 and the Version is
6.1-RELEASE (no cvsup run yet).

Regards
Chris

I'm not entierly sure, but i think you have to provide -DWITHOUT_X11,
no space between D and the rest. That's how i specify make options
anyway.
AS others suggested, if you never intend to run a X11-server, setting
WITHOUT_X11=yes in make.conf is propablyu better, then you don't have
to worry at all about X being installed if there is a option not to.
HTH!
//Niclas