On Tue, 16 Jan 2007, Kevin Kobb wrote:

I have found that when I do an install with an install.cfg file on a floppy, I must insert the floppy right after the system begins to boot from CD. If I don't when I tell sysinstall to read the floppy I get an error.

I've found the floppy works okay when I escape to the bootloader, so I can load my KLD at that time.

As a work around, if I go into the options and select rescan for hardware devices (not sure if that is the exact wording) after inserting the floppy disk, it will work OK as well. Might be worth a try.

I'll be sure to try that, thanks. Any idea why it's not found initially, tho? I mean, the CONTROLLER is found, so...

Is this the type of thing I should send-pr over?

-Dan

--

"Be happy.  Try not to hurt each other.  Hope you fall in love."

--Mallory, Family Ties Finale (on the meaning of life)