Thanks For the reply Chuck,

I didn't imagine I'd get such an emotive response,

But nonetheless you're right, I haven't checked the developer website,

As for trolling, I am not intentionally trying to start a heated debate.

I was just curious as to how much credit people think should be given to Open source development.

I support a network of Macs,  (30+ and counting...)

And can say with some authority that of the 20+ operators on those Macs.

Not one has heard of BSD ...

Thanks again.

Joe.