On Jan 16, 2007, at 8:58 PM, Norberto Meijome wrote:

On Tue, 16 Jan 2007 22:35:45 -0500
"Tsu-Fan Cheng" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

so for you guys who have experiecen with this cpu, do you really "feel" it??

np - you are assuming i have experience with them ;)

you need to understand, it's like a dual CPU , NOT like HT (you can , I think ,
have HT as well as dual/quad core...maybe not.. ? ).

<snip>

Seems like you can. See: <http://www.webopedia.com/DidYouKnow/ Hardware_Software/2005/dual_core.asp>.

As for multicore support, I thought it was better with -CURRENT (ULE2 as of late sounds like it can support concurrency with multiple cores / CPUs better than the 4BSD scheduler), but running -CURRENT comes with a price, namely stability.

The GNU/Linux crowd (or at least some folks in it), were raving that later versions of gcc, i.e. 4.x (coming to 7 sometime in the near future maybe) had better multi - core / CPU support as well in terms of optimizations and junk. But that's just fanboy/ricer ranting, maybe.. or maybe not..

-Garrett