On Jan 17, 2007, at 12:01 PM, Kevin Downey wrote:

On 1/17/07, Agus <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Hi folks.....
I did some configs in my freebsd and realiza that i didnt have the inetd
running. So i addesd inetd_enable="YES" to rc.conf.
Now im trying to reread the rc.conf to make the changes active without
restarting....
Is there a way to do it? or i have to start each server it from
rc.dmanually, in these case only inetd; but what if i added a lot of
lines to
rc.conf?

i've read this...

On the console do:

# shutdown now
(Note: without -r or -h)

# return
# exit

Is this the only way to do it?

Thanxsss

/etc/rc.d/inetd restart

The rc scripts in /etc/rc.d always work with the exception for me at least being rpcbind, nfsd, and mountd; those are the ones that I always have to reboot a machine for for some odd reason when I change related settings (unless I'm doing something wrong of course).
-Garrett