the solution and a brief discussion can be seen here in case you are interested:
http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-hackers/2005-November/014450.html

andras

Greg Albrecht wrote:
are you using the default /etc/ssh/sshd_config? i'm currently running
jails with ssh and don't recall having this problem. the only thing i
remember explicitly having to do is tell sshd to bind to the jail's
IP.

-g