Hi the list,

I currently experienced a problem with my Sony Vaio VGN-FE31B laptop.
Each time I boot, the kernel time seems to be set with the wrong date time.
When I poweroff the machine, wait for some minutes and reboot again, the
kernel time is set with a few seconds after the "wrong" time on shutdown.

Is it some kind of wrong bios clock used, that completely stopped when
poweroff ?

I use a FreeBSD 7.0-CURRENT, from the 14th of January 2007.
I tried the snapshot FreeBSD 7.0-CURRENT-200610, no time problem.
With snapshot FreeBSD 7.0-CURRENT-200611, the time problem appears.

I will provide you the dmesg output, when I will come back home.
I have also followed the instructions at
http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/faq/troubleshoot.html#LAPTOP-CLOCK-SKEW
with no success.

Any ideas ?
Thanks.