On 1/18/07, Christian Baer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
The whole thing should be pretty trivial: I created a key using PuTTY,
copied the public key to ~/.ssh/authorized_keys (everthing in one line),
chose the private key in PuTTY and tried to log in. All I got in
response was: "Server refused out key."

Did you copy the displayed "Public key for pasting into OpenSSH" from
PuttyGEN, or did you paste the actual contents of the public key?
Putty's on-disk format for public keys is not compatible with OpenSSH.

--
Noel Jones