Okay,

I've done some Googling and it does appear as if this could be the source of this problem...

This page in particular suggests that:

http://www.pingle.org/2006/10/18/php-crashes-extensions/

However, I've tried all sorts of combinations with my extension set and haven't found an order which rids me of this problem. Does anybody have any general suggestions for coming up with troubleshooting strategies? As of know, I don't know which extensions to focus on, and whether to focus on putting them towards the beginning or end of the list, so I'm sort of grasping at straws here.

Any suggestions? Would doing a portupgrade -fr php4 straighten things out perhaps by building and reinstalling the extensions in the correct order?

Thanks in advance!