This may help:

The emphasis is on my vidcard, it's an ATI Radeon 9600. Last official ATI
video card support for FreeBSD was the 9400 series drivers. I've heard about
some reverse engineered drivers from Linux.
Andrew Pantyukhin wrote:
 > AFAIK, you get that with Xorg 7.x.

6.2-RELEASE uses Xorg 7.1 no? I'm pretty sure I have something not installed
or not configured. What is it? Should I post my xorgconfig file?

"pkg_info -Ex xorg" will show you versions of xorg
apps installed. At the moment you probably have
6.9. Xorg 7.2 will be committed to the ports tree
any time soon.