--On January 22, 2007 11:53:58 AM +0800 "Ahmad Faisal M. Nor" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

NOTE: I'm not subscribe to the FreeBSD.org mailing list, please CC to me
as well

We're ordering Dell Poweredge 2950 Server which is come with SAS (Serial
Attach SCSI). Most newly manufacture branded server comes with SAS
nowadays, no more SCSI. According to Dell Technical Support, SAS is a
new technology of SCSI but different architecture. They don't have any
idea whether it works on FreeBSD or not. I'm worried if it's not work on
FreeBSD and we cannot return the hardware.

Does anyone here have any idea on these SAS thing ?

SAS == Serial Attached *SCSI*

I'm running a 1950 with two 73GB SAS drives, RAID 1, and not having any problems.

Paul Schmehl ([EMAIL PROTECTED])
Senior Information Security Analyst
The University of Texas at Dallas
http://www.utdallas.edu/ir/security/