felix.schalck wrote:
Hi,

I'm trying to get a WLAN pcmcia card working on freebsd 6.2. Kernel with cardbus support compiled fine, but when the card is inserted, i get:

Status is 0x30000086
Status is 0x30000820
cbb0: card inserted: event=0x00000000, state=30000820
cbb0: cbb_power: 3V
cbb0: cbb_power: 0V

Dmesg shows:

cbb0: <ENE CB1410 PCI-CardBus Bridge> at device 7.0 on pci2
cbb0: Found memory at e0202000
cbb0: Secondary bus is 2
cardbus0: <CardBus bus> on cbb0
pccard0: <16-bit PCCard bus> on cbb0

Any ideas ? What are my possibilities/chances to get it work ?

First shot, and it's from the dark* ...

You don't mention the type of WLAN card.

It *looks to me as if* you don't have driver support for this card. What's the chipset, and have you researched to see if the card is supported? Also, what output does 'pciconf -l' produce?

Kevin D. Kinsey

*I'm not a wireless guru, and don't play one on TV.

P.S.  I didn't choose this .sig intentionally  ;-)
--
You'll feel much better once you've given up hope.