Guys,

        Dunno how dumb this question is to ask, but given the breadth
        of knowledge on this list, this is the place; esp'ly since my
        question involves web-crawlers.  Or spiders[?]

        So I'm thinking of setting loose my own crawler to search.  Are
        there any network tools that will search for pages with  a
        TOPIC and look for any kind of subtopics?  Say the TOP="dogfood"
        and the subtopics are "for poodles", "standard poodles",
        "black poodles."

        i Am pretty good with the search engines, but I thought:
        just for the hell of it....  Any feedback will be greatly
        appreciated.

        tia, people,

        gary