On Jan 24, 2007, at 7:52 AM, RW wrote:

On Mon, 22 Jan 2007 18:44:26 +0100
Nagy László Zsolt <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

By the way, updating a system from 5 to 6 is a headache. (Updating
from 4 to 5 is much easier.) Many will suggest (including me) to
install your new 6.2 system from binaries, and then transfer your
programs and users, if possible.

That an odd thing to say. The major version number was only bumped to 6
because some interfaces changed. I remember it as a particularly easy
upgrade, simpler than the average 5.x to 5.x+1 upgrade. The 4.x to 5.x
upgrade was one of the most radical.

I will have to agree. I did a remote upgrade of a system running 5.5- RELEASE to 6.2-RELEASE last week, without console access (ie, I had to reboot into multi-user mode a few times during the process) and it worked just fine.

-jav