Hi,

,

>I would like Apache2 to start automatically when FreeBSD is done booting.
>I thought that would happen because I placed this inside /etc/rc.conf
>
>apache_enable="YES"

you cannot start any of the apache2x family like that in FreeBSD, that is
for apache13, for apache2x you need to specify apache2_enable="YES" or
apache22_enable="YES" in the rc.conf file... depending on which apache you
have installed, also, check /usr/local/etc/rc.d/apache.sh (it can be
apache2.sh as well) and look out for lines that look like the rc.conf enable
settings, that should guide you on how to include it in your rc.conf

But that doesn't seem to be the case. It doesn't start automatically, I
have

make those changes above and you should have no problem

Regards
--

Mike

--
Of course, you might discount this possibility, but remember that one in
a million chances happen 99% of the time.