I write shells script extensively , I have noticed

~      -> gets a subsitution for $HOME
~userid   - >gets you the $HOME for that user

meaning if  you have  have logged in as root and  if you want to run some
script on oracle home even though you logged in as root  you can simplly

~oracle/runme.sh  -- > will run the runme.sh in Oracle home directory

Regards
Dak

Hello again,
     I'm revising some documentation that has examples of running Unix
commands and I want to make sure that my steps are correct, such that I can
substitute the tilde character ('~') for $HOME. The only issue I can see
with this is an improper configuration with sudo (ran into some problems
with $HOME in the past using sudo on Gentoo), but I'm pretty sure that
sudo's setup on the machine cluster properly.
TIA,
-Garrett