Juha Saarinen writes:

>  > People from the media doesnt know that FreeBSD Unix exists.
>
>  Rubbish. I have known about the existence of FreeBSD (and other BSD
>  variants) for a great many years now.

        Indeed.  Not long after Linux appeared on the radar of the
general public, the tech reporter for my local paper (which, being
the /Boston Globe/ is not quite as tech-challenged as most
publications, but even so) did a very nice and very accurate called
something like "The most important OS you've never heard about."

                                Robert Huff