On 16 Jan 2003, at 22:35 [=GMT-0000], Stacey Roberts wrote:

> Nothing to worry about, but either reducing system load .., or buying a
> more efficient nic would see these messages off.

Could it also be the cable? I once had these messages on a colocated
machine, occasionally, and they went away when they put a new cable
from the switch to it. Since the machine was then also moved and
therefore rebooted, and before that upgraded, I cannot exclude that it
is a concidence, and that it was not the cable. But it won't harm to
exchange it and see what happens.