Hello all,
I have been poking around the 'Net a bit looking for an easy to use
backup solution for our Mac's (1 mini, 1 powerbook, more in the
future).

Basically there is a server, offsite (FBSD 6.2) with 2 RAID 5 arrays.
I would like to be able to set the 2 (for now) clients to
automatically, incrementally backup certain directories, nightly.
Something encrypted would be nice aswell.

This one looks interesting to me:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/areca/

If anyone has used an open source solution for this , I would
genuinely appreciate hearing about it.

I don't, but you could use rsync over ssh if you just want a mirrored copy... and if you set up rsync to archive changed files you can keep a history as well. I do that for about 20 servers now and it works great. No reason a mac wouldn't work.

Let me know if you're interested in the scripts...