Hi Marco,

On Thu, 2003-01-16 at 23:51, Marco Beishuizen wrote:
> On Fri, 17 Jan 2003, the wise Marc Schneiders spoke, and said:
>
> > On 16 Jan 2003, at 22:35 [=GMT-0000], Stacey Roberts wrote:
> >
> > > Nothing to worry about, but either reducing system load .., or buying a
> > > more efficient nic would see these messages off.
> >
> > Could it also be the cable? I once had these messages on a colocated
> > machine, occasionally, and they went away when they put a new cable
> > from the switch to it. Since the machine was then also moved and
> > therefore rebooted, and before that upgraded, I cannot exclude that it
> > is a concidence, and that it was not the cable. But it won't harm to
> > exchange it and see what happens.
>
> I only had one message like this, so I think it would be best to wait and
> see if i get message mor often. I think my cables are OK.

Is this a Linksys nic? I only ask because the only occasion that *I*
have heard of this becoming a problem (causing a kernel panic) had to do
with a Linksys nic repeatedly putting out those messages over a period
of time, with the box resetting itself some time after messages
appeared.

I feel its only fair to mention this. But if, as you say, that this is
only the one message then I would imagine that there's less of a chance
that a problem exists, but on the other hand, it wouldn't hurt to
monitor for a few days..,

Regards,

Stacey

--