Hi all,

Is it posible to control Pentium 3 clock frequency on FreeBSD?

The purpose is to reduce the power consumption and lengthen battery
life.

In addition, how can we know what speed of cpu clock frequecy a cpu
supports and what speed a cpu take at any given time? I suppose
that a command which returns each information exist.

Well, a couple years ago I patched to, if I remember correctly,
 5.4 kernel and it made this need possible at least on Pentium M.
I tried to find the web page but I failed.

I am using FreeBSD6.0-RELEASE now.

Thank you.

--
FK.