On Sat, Jan 27, 2007 at 04:09:28PM +0100, Marco Beishuizen wrote:
> On stardate Sat, 27 Jan 2007, the wise Gerard Seibert entered:
>
> > I have been thinking of trying Opera in KDE to see if it works better
> > than Firefox. I have been having nothing but problems with Firefox and
> > Flash.
> >
> > Would I be better off trying Opera or Linux-Opera? Both are offered in
> > the ports.
>
> I'm using the native FreeBSD version with flash and that works great, so I
> can only recommend it. Also in my case FF constantly crashed when opening a
> site whith flash. Until recently only the linux-opera had flash support,
> but now they both have.
>
> Marco
> --
> I might have gone to West Point, but I was too proud to speak to a
> congressman.
>               -- Will Rogers

I have use both and if you need flash very often, I'd suggest
linux-opera.  It tends to handle flash video (google video) better.  I
currently have native opera.  It just takes a few second longer to see
the flash video.  It does not bother me...but it may bother others.  Try
 both ( one at a time ) and see the difference for yourself.
note:  I don't use KDE...don't know if that might make a difference in
resource loads.
--
Alexander
FreeBSD 6.0-RELEASE i386