my psersonal flash experience with
opera by going to youtube is linux-opera works but not native
opera+linuxplugin.

TFC

On 1/27/07, Andreas Davour <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

On Sat, 27 Jan 2007, Tijl Coosemans wrote:

> On Saturday 27 January 2007 13:20, Andreas Davour wrote:
>> On Sat, 27 Jan 2007, Tijl Coosemans wrote:
>>> Flash9 is very unstable though, so you'll probably want to stay
>>> with flash7 for now.
>>
>> Since I have had serious problems getting even Flash7 to work,
>> following instructions found here at the list, could you please
>> summarize the steps for getting the older Flash version running? I'm
>> begining to suspect something more is needed than the information
>> I've found. Do e.g. I have to run firefox under Linux emulation?
>
> When I need to access a flash site (and only then, the rest are ads
> anyway), I simply use linux-firefox (or linux-opera) with
> linux-flashplugin7. That works by simply installing those ports. No
> extra configuration is necessary.

I'm tempted to install linux-firefox or linux-opera myself, since you
have no problems with them

http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/desktop-browsers.html
> http://freebsd.kde.org/howtos/konqueror-flash.php
>
> If that doesn't work, please specify which FreeBSD version you're
> using and which browser.

I followed those instructions and with firefox-2.0.0.1_1,1 it gives this
result:
/libexec/ld-elf.so.1: /usr/local/lib/pluginwrapper/flash7.so: Undefined
symbol "_dlsym"

Since I'm now using 6.2-PRERELEASE I guess it could be fixed in the
final RELEASE, but it would be nice to know if someone can recognize
"_dlsym" and say it is so.

/andreas