Bill Moran wrote:

>> Hello out there,
>> does FreeBSD has a nativ root-restricted facility watching opened files
>> of a process or process group (like lsof or filemon)?
>>

> Is fstat what you're looking for?

Sorry for the noise.
Yes, fstat could possibly that I wanted it for, but is there a way to
make it look like a continious watching a process opening and closing
files? fstat -p PID gives me a snapshot of the status quo as of the
second I enter the command but that menas I could miss the right time
point. Maybe something like ptrace will be better.

Thanks a lot for the pretty fast answers!

--
O. Hartmann