On 10/14/05, Sandy Rutherford <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

 > On 10/9/05, Sandy Rutherford <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
 >> Colin,

 >> > I've found converters/chmview to be useful in the past.
 >>
 >> Anything available for converting chm to pdf or ps?  I believe that
 >> there are some programs for doing this under MS Windows.

 > Just print it to a ps file. Pdf and ps are easily
 > interconvertible.

I know.  That's not the issue.  xchm only supports printing one page
at a time, which a cumbersome way to go about printing the entire
document to file.  There is a box in the print dialogue that you can
tick in order to print the entire document.  However, it doesn't work.

I've just stumble upon a similar task. The way I went is
decompiling chm with archmage into separate html files,
concatenating the ones I need into one with cat, and
cleaning the result up with a simple perl script (below).

Printing an html file is another problem (it's not that
easy to print 2Mb of html text)...

[EMAIL PROTECTED]:~% cat bin/cleanchm
#!/usr/bin/perl -wT

use strict;

local $/;
local $_ = <>;
s|\<\/?html\>||g;
s|\<META.*?\>||gs;
s|\<head.*?head\>||gs;
s|\<script.*?script\>||gs;
s|\<\/?body\>||g;
s|\<table.*\n.*\n.*prev.*\n.*\n.*next.*\n.*table\>||g;
s|\<span class="v1".*?span\>||gs;
print;