On Tue, Jan 23, 2007 at 08:30:49AM -0600, VH-Brody wrote:
> Hey guys,
>

> I've downloaded multiple copies (from different FTP servers),
> 6.2-RELEASE-ia64 and it seems like this particular image doesn't want to
> boot up in my system. The i386 and amd64 distro's bootup just fine, but
> obviously don't work because system architecture is 64bit Intel. I'm out of
> ideas and I've ruled out the system as at fault.
>

> What do you guys think?

I think you are using the wrong image. 6.2-RELEASE-ia64 is for Intel's IA64
architecture, aka Itanium.  That is almost certainly not what you have.

Use the i386 or amd64 image instead.  Intel's latest CPUs all implement the
AMD64 architecture (except that Intel calls it EM64T.)

--
<Insert your favourite quote here.>
Erik Trulsson