On 1/29/07, Karl Fischer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

On 29 Jan 2007, at 5:04 PM, Björn König wrote:

> Karl Fischer schrieb:
>> Hi
>> I'm a n00b to freebsd and jails is there away that I can specify
>> multiple Directories in the jails.conf ?
>> JAIL_HOME="/data1; /data2" etc.
>
> What are you trying to do or what do you expect?
>
> A file system hierarchy can only have one root directory. You
> probably want to play with unionfs. You can read about its concept
> here: http://people.freebsd.org/~daichi/unionfs/
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UnionFS
>
> Regards Björn

Hi
Basically the Drive that the Jails are hosted on is running out of
space.
By adding another mounted Partition I will have more space.

If I add a new Drive to the Machine ...
mount it under /data2 can I just stop the jails and copy them across
modify the jails.conf and start it up ?
I guess the best procedure should be to back them up and restore them
there ?

If both partitions are of equal or similiar size, software RAID might be a
good choice.
http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/raid.html

Best regards,
Alabattai

--
"Better to reign in hell, than to serve in heaven." - John Milton, Paradise
Lost