On Tuesday January 30, 2007 at 02:13:45 (PM) Charlie McElfresh wrote:

> I wrote a perl script to get a news show I like.  When I run it, it deletes
> yesterday's copy of the show, and downloads the new copy.  The script works
> fine.  I run the script as myself (charlie), charlie owns it, and it's
> chmod'd 0755.  Works fine.
>
> I can't get cron to run it, though.  Here's the cron process running on my
> machine:
>
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] ps auxwww | grep cron
> root      413  0.0  0.1  1364   892  ??  Ss    5Jan07   0:06.57/usr/sbin/cron
> -s
>
> And here's charlie's crontab, to run at 7:17 mon - fri
>
> 17 7 * * 1-5 /media/democracy_now/get_new_show.pl

Do you have a MAILTO= in your cron. If not, I would suggest you put one
there that points to you, i.e., if charlie is your logon name, have it
point to charlie. Now, when your script either works or fails, you will
receive a report of what transpired.

--
Gerard

     Mail from '@gmail' is rejected and/or discarded here. Don't waste