This may be from badly formed headers. This occurs most often in SPAM. You can change the logging on your sendmail and see if the conversations actually complete. I would bet they are not completing, instead erroring out, so the messages get resent. The usual fix is to clear the mail out of the hot mail or similar accounts.

        -Derek