On 31/01/2007 3:05 PM, Jared Barneck wrote:
I found the answer for how to reboot in the code.  To
reboot add the following to the end of the
install.cfg:

shutdown

I found it in this source file:
/usr/src/usr.sbin/sysinstall/dispatch.c

This source file has a list of a lot of the functions
that can be called in the install.cfg. Even though the
function is called "shutdown" it is a reboot not a
shutdown, which is perfect because I wanted it to
reboot.

I have a local patch that we use on our installation process that adds a couple of new commands:

    poweroff - shutdown and power off the machine (useful for doing
                installation, then shut down for shipping)
    poweroffNoRC - as above, but don't attempt to write rc.conf
    shutdownNoRC - like regular "shutdown" (reboot), but no rc.conf

The latter two options are handy if you write your own scripts that generate rc.conf, as normally sysinstall tries to write rc.conf itself on shutdown, which clobbers any existing file your scripts may create.

If anyone is interested and/or these are likely candidates for inclusion then I can submit a PR to have someone check these in. I also have a man page update that documents the above functions.

Cheers
Antony