Hi,

A couple of months ago I wrote a daemon process that opens up connections on
TCP and listens for incoming data (that ultimately ends up in a database).
Now, when I was writing it, I was debugging and what not under my own user
id.  However, the program now runs as root because it's started
automatically when the system comes up at boot time.

Now, here's the strange part.  When running under my user id, even in daemon
mode, ps -aux | grep <user> would show me the daemon process.  However, now
that it's running as root, it doesn't.  Why is that?  The only way I've been
able to tell that it's running is by using sockstat.

Andy