Andrew Falanga wrote:
Hi,

A couple of months ago I wrote a daemon process that opens up connections on TCP and listens for incoming data (that ultimately ends up in a database).
Now, when I was writing it, I was debugging and what not under my own user
id.  However, the program now runs as root because it's started
automatically when the system comes up at boot time.

How exactly?

Now, here's the strange part. When running under my user id, even in daemon mode, ps -aux | grep <user> would show me the daemon process. However, now that it's running as root, it doesn't. Why is that? The only way I've been able to tell that it's running is by using sockstat.

What about `ps -aux | grep program_name`?

KDK

PS > Random .sig, NP.

--
You are an insult to my intelligence!