Hi Jonathan,

Dunno if you managed to solve it, but I found out what my problem was.

My kernel config has INET6 commented out
My /etc/make.conf has NO_INET6

After adding WITHOUT_IPV6 to my /etc/make.conf, a newly built php 5.2
runs fine (need to check with suhosin patch)

Kind regards,

Spil

PS. At least this will come up searches now!

On 08/11/06, Jonathan Horne <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
On Tuesday 07 November 2006 21:08, Jonathan Horne wrote:
> well, im franticly researching that bit of text that has flashed by during
> countless portupgrades... "backing up previous version".  right about now,
> i would LOVE to have php 5.1.6_3 back...
>
> 1) anyone else have bad luck with the upgrade to 5.2.0?  my httpd-error
> logs are filling with this:
>
> [Tue Nov 07 20:49:09 2006] [notice] child pid 58928 exit signal
> Segmentation fault (11
>
> 2) can anyone shed light on the fabled "way of backing out of a portupgrade
> gone awry?
>
> thanks,
> jonathan

well for the moment, lucky for me, i have backups like a good boy.  for now, i
just reloaded last fridays copy of lang/php5 lang/php5-extensions, and so
far, it seems to be rebuilding 5.1.6_3 without complaint.

whew!  the sad part, is i accidently kicked off a portupgrade without thinking
about what box i was on!  after it was started, i didnt want to stop for fear
of damage it would cause.

*shakes head*

well i hope others have better luck than me with the new php5!

cheers,
jonathan